Ah moving! Should you do it yourself? Or should you hire some help? In this article, we will help you determine if you should go at it solo, and when to call a mover in VA.
Ask Yourself These Questions When Considering Using a Mover
How Much Are You Moving?
If you are moving a lot of cumbersome items, working with a mover will be your best bet. Movers are experts in packing, lifting and getting all of your stuff transported as efficiently as possible. They might only need to make one trip in what could take you six.
How Far Are You Going?
If you are moving across the city, or even across the state, doing the move by yourself might be the way to go. However the further you go, the more logistics become involved.
Costs go up exponentially the further away you are moving. Why? Because moving across the country can be hard work! Think of it this way: Would you rather save money? Or would you rather save time?
Are You Comfortable Behind The Wheel?
Moving trucks can vary in size from about 12 to 30 feet. If you are towing your vehicle, you can add on at least another 10 feet. Do you have any experience driving a larger vehicle?
You will save quite a bit of money moving your items yourself. However, you need to make sure you will be comfortable driving a truck of this size, especially through metro areas.
How Much Is Your Time Worth?
If you are moving across the country with a large moving truck, you are looking at a process that will take several days. You will need to stop more for gas and overall, you will be driving much slower than if you were driving just your vehicle.
You might need to make a few overnight stops as well. Once you factor in the time packing, loading, driving, unloading, unpacking… you might want to consider bringing in the pros. Professional movers are adept and efficient when it comes to getting you moved in quickly.
Will You Have Any Help?
If you are moving across town, you will likely be able to recruit (bribe) some friends or family to help you out. If you are moving to a new city entirely, you might not have that support base of people willing to help you out. Moving is tough, and if you are doing it all on your own, be prepared for some hard work ahead!
A couple of things to remember:
- Keep items you will need right away with you. Pack a suitcase as if you were going on a long trip. Keep toiletries, clothes, items for work/school and other daily items close by. There can me delays when using moving companies, so be prepared.
- You might also consider moving important items in your car, and leave the furniture to the pros. Load up your vehicle, and embark on that cross-country road trip you have always talked about! Make it an adventure!
- And when it comes to your furniture: If it is more expensive to ship than it’s worth, leave it behind. You will be better off selling or donating the item, and replacing it once you are in your new city.
I’m Moving and Need to Sell My House
Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Roanoke VA home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m moving and need to sell my house in Roanoke“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Roanoke Virginia right now!).
If you are ready to relocate, we can help you with a stress-free transaction! Contact Linken Investments LLC. today by filling out this form, or give our office a call now 434-390-2906!
Who Is Linken Investments And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Roanoke?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Lynchburg home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Roanoke community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
Just reach out to us or fill out the form on this website so we can quickly look at your situation and make you a fast-fair cash offer on your house.