In this blog post, you’ll read about a few foreclosure prevention measures in Lynchburg that you can take to keep your home from foreclosure.
Local VA homeowners who are facing a financial challenge may find themselves in foreclosure.
Foreclosure is when the mortgage loan doesn’t get paid back and the bank begins the process to take ownership of the property to recoup its losses.
If you find yourself entering the foreclosure process, you might wonder if there is anything you can do about it.
Foreclosure prevention measures in Lynchburg VA
These foreclosure prevention measures might not all work in your situation but we’re telling you about them so you can make the decision for yourself:
1. Pay off your mortgage / sell your property. The quickest and easiest way to end the foreclosure process is to pay off your mortgage. After all, this is all the banks wanted in the first place so they would be happy to let you stay in your home and they get their money back. Admittedly, this is not always possible, which is perhaps the reason that you’re in foreclosure in the first place.
2. Work out a deal with your bank. Sometimes you can work out a deal with your bank where you sit down with a mortgage or foreclosure specialist and talk to them about changing the structure of your mortgage. Perhaps your payments get spread out so they are lower each month, for example. Just make sure that the deal works for you — you don’t want to just repeat the process.
3. Do a short sale. A short sale is when you sell the property and use the proceeds of the sale to pay down or pay off your outstanding amount with the bank. This keeps a foreclosure from impacting your credit score and it gets the bank off your back!
4. Give your deed in lieu. Another option would be a deed-in-lieu-of-foreclosure, which basically means that you will hand over the deed to your house to the bank and they agree not to put you through foreclosure. This will often only work if your house is worth approximately the amount owing on the mortgage. If not, the bank may pursue the difference.
5. File for bankruptcy. In some ways, a bankruptcy is far more dramatic than a foreclosure because it impacts your whole life. However, once you file for bankruptcy, the foreclosure process has to stop so it’s still a foreclosure prevention measure.
If you’re not sure which one to do, consider this: If you can afford payments and you want to stay in the house then a foreclosure workout arrangement (#2) is probably your best option.
If you want to put everything behind you and move on with your life then consider selling your home and paying off your mortgage with that money.
Considering selling your VA house?
We buy houses in VA for cash and would love to see if we can help you during your short sale. Contact us by filling out the form on this page and we’ll see if we can work with you.
Linken Investments, Lynchburg’s Trusted Home Buyer
Linken Investments LLC. is a local real estate solutions company based out of Lynchburg, VA. We are Lynchburg’s Trusted Cash Home Buyers. We have been buying houses for cash in the Lynchburg area since 2005. Our years of experience are one reason clients trust Linken Investments to complete the sale of their property quickly with honesty and integrity. We’re a family-owned business and focus on helping homeowners like you find solutions to your problem whether you’re going through a foreclosure, selling an inherited property, or just need to sell your house fast for any reason. Linken Investments offers you the chance to sell your home in a simple, stress-free, cash transaction.
Linken Investments can buy your home exactly as it is, no repairs or cleaning needed, and we pay all cash and close fast, in as little as 7 days or when it works for you. Plus, we don’t charge commissions, and we pay all closing costs. Think of all the time and money that can save you. There’s no easier or quicker way to sell your house and get on with the next chapter in your life.
It won’t cost you any money and only about an hour of your time to find out how much cash we’ll pay you for your house. And you’ll be under no obligation to accept our offer, so you have nothing to lose but a house that’s standing between you and the life you want to enjoy.