Foreclosure is a nightmare to any family going through it irrespective of the reasons why they are about to lose their home. Today we are going to look at the foreclosures effects in Lynchburg, VA and what local house sellers need to know. First we will look at the effects and the ways of easing them.
Foreclosure Effects in Lynchburg, VA to Sellers
- Loss of your home – Pretty self-explanatory here. The major end result of a foreclosure in VA is of course the loss of the home to the bank.
- Decrease in Your Credit Rating – Your credit rating will be lowered by the foreclosure. How much? It depends on how high your current credit score is… but the higher your current credit score… the more your score will drop after a foreclosure. If you have a credit score of 680 or higher… you may see a drop of 100+ points.
- Depression and Stress – Your mental health is at stake because of the high pressure situation. Going through a foreclosure is emotionally exhausting and frustrating to say the least.
- House Values In Your Community – Another one of the big foreclosure effects in Lynchburg VA is that they tend to lower the overall value of the houses in your neighborhood… especially if there are multiple foreclosures in the immediate area.
- Difficulty obtaining credit – After foreclosure, it may be difficult to obtain credit, rent an apartment, or get a job. Potential lenders, landlords, and employers will see the foreclosure on your credit report.
- Tax consequences: Homeowners who go through foreclosure may face tax consequences. When a lender cancels or forgives all or part of a borrower’s debt, the canceled amount may be considered income for tax purposes. If the lender sells the foreclosed home for less than the outstanding mortgage balance, the difference between the outstanding balance and the sale price may be considered taxable income for the homeowner.
How You Can Ease The Effects Of Foreclosure In Lynchburg
For the well being of you and your family, you need to mitigate the effects of foreclosure as much as you can. The process can be frustrating and time consuming, but there are people who can help you navigate your different options in the process.
- Call your bank and work with them: Most banks are very willing and ready to work with you… if you can show that with their help you can get back on track and save your house. Or, if you just want out of the house but you owe more on the house than it’s worth… see if the bank has any programs to lower the mortgage burden so you can get out from underneath it without it going through an expensive foreclosure.
- Talk with a local real estate expert, like Linken Investments LLC.: We know the local Lynchburg real estate market well and are very experienced in the foreclosure process here in VA. Give us a call at 434-390-2906 and we can guide you toward the resources that can possibly help you.
- Sell your house: If you’d rather find a way to sell your house and avoid the foreclosure all together, great! We buy local Lynchburg houses for cash… and would love to look at your situation and make you a fair all-cash offer on your house. Just call us at 434-390-2906 or shoot us your details through this website.
With the above knowledge on foreclosure effects in Lynchburg – what sellers need to know, you can guard yourself by calling Linken Investments LLC. at 434-390-2906 and we shall assist you in the shortest time possible to sell your house. However, to fast track the process, kindly fill out our website contact form to give us more information about you. We’d love to connect with you and help you find the best solution!
Our Multiple Offer Model To Sell Your Property Fast
We set out to solve the problems that Lynchburg area home sellers face by giving you a way to see all of your options in one spot, letting you choose whether you want to maximize the price of your sale by listing on the Lynchburg MLS or whether selling fast and simply for cash is more important.
So rather than just telling you what you can list your house for on the market like traditional Lynchburg real estate agents, or making a “take it or leave it” offer like many real estate investors, at Linken Investments we’ll give you both a cash offer and the option to maximize the value on the market (with our cash offer in your back pocket).
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash or We can list your house on the MLS and possibly get you a higher price. Call or Text 434-390-2906 to learn more.